Monday, January 16, 2012

My Computer/My Self/My Fav

I dreamt that I was in a room full of computers of all kinds and sizes.
I was elated, face smiling, heart leping with excitement, I was in a geeks' paradise.



Developing The Relationship

My first computer was the bulky Commodore 64 back in, oh....I want to say 1987. When my 4 year old was asleep, I enjoyed myself programming computer voices to read out any messages I typed and remember being almost hypnotized by the blue screen with the blinking square just waiting for my command; its potential possibilities and obscure power was enthralling. After a while, the reading material and slews of floppy disks, books and pamphlets I had scattered throughout my room became overwhelming. I had been teaching myself how to operate this computer during the hours my small child was asleep but it seemed a futile attempt without spending all my waking days on it so I dropped the effort.




In 1992, I purchased the Atari 2800 for my daughter who was now 8 years of age. Her interest was geared more towards playing with her Barbie dolls but I was hooked. I played Space Invaders, Centipede, Ping Pong, PacMan and Asteroids every spare chance I got. The following year, I was delighted when my daughter wanted a Nintendo Game System for Christmas and I excitedly went to my neighborhood Service Merchandise Store to purchase it. As my daughter slumbered one evening, I decided to open the box and connect the system to the television just to see if it was functioning. Just to see if it functioned? Ha! I can now admit to never closing my eyes to sleep that night because I had been playing Mario and Luigi way into the dawn of light. My game addiction came to a halt at Donkey Kong 2 because even after purchasing the game tip books, it was just too time consuming and very frustrating when I could not move onto the next levels.



















Since then, I have been through
  • 4 Gateways,
  • 1 E- Machine and
  • 1 Hewlett Packard Desktop TouchSmart 




I have realized that the relationship I have with a computer can only be enjoyable only if I do not have to go outside of my home to allow another company to exploit my computer skills in order to line their own pockets and give me the left over crumbs from their banquet in return. 

My most current and favorite computer, an HP TouchSmart and I have been in a harmonious relationship since November of 2010;
I can gladly say that we both have benefited from our combined efforts to continue our thriving success. Earning a living by sharing my life experiences, savvy and opinions has been rewarding. 
Today I own a reliable vehicle, have a comfortable place of my own, give to charitable causes, take my trusted companion (My TouchSmart) in for regular maintenance, pay my bills, feed myself and have enough left over for a rainy day.

TouchSmart



Top 2 Reasons Why I Highly Recommend the Purchase of a Hewlett Packard Computer.



Outstanding Customer Service and Tech Support!
As long as your warranty is current, Hewlett Packard will send a tech to your home who will stay there as long as it takes to troubleshoot your computer issue; if it cannot be resolved at your home,  the tech calls in the issue and a work order ticket becomes generated; before he leaves, he will inform you that you will be contacted by a technician with further instruction for you to prepare your product for delivery to the technology department for repair.  HP provides and mails the box to you, inside you will find Styrofoam insets as well as the plastic cover, instructions and the address label which includes their payment bar code.  Fed Ex or UPS (I do not remember who they use) who will pick up your computer at your home or work place and off it goes.  Hewlett Packard's Customer Service is excellent; you can always call for updates on the repair of your product; just make sure you always have the product, model, serial and work ticket numbers handy.  You will always be asked for them.  Your computer will be delivered to you good as new on the ETA the tech support agent gave you.






In my tomorrows, I will see how Apple will fit into this magnificent relationship.

And This Is Coming!